Installation wizard for phpAlbum
Now can be the installation even easier. There are many people which have no idea of CHMOD functions or some user access rights in unix or on FTP server. For those i have prepared a little installer script.
There are 3 steps on installing:
- first you have to enter your ftp-server like ftp.yoursite.xy, ftp username and password. Username and password will never be stored. It is recomended that for the installation you cachge the password for this short time and after install change it back. Just because all this data are transfered over the net without encryption.
- in next step you must choose your install directory, default it is /phpAlbum/, you can browse on your ftp-server clicking the directory names, or just write down the directory in the field
- next you have to check all data and click install, if you get some errors, please report it to me as this software is only beta version.
- phpAlbum is now prepared for use
- If you were upgrading, it is recomended to check your setup, save it and to delete your cache.
So try it, i hope you like it. It was never easier to install some script on your site.