- Automatic generation of thumbnails and resized
- Commenting of pictures with antispam security code
- NEW! IPTC Support, import of keywords and picture description, showing other IPTC-tags
- NEW! E-Card - you can now send e-cards to your friends and family
- Screenshots for files to be downloaded, movie, audio, exe or whatever
- Password protection for your private galleries
- Admin section for creating new directories, uploading photos (works even with PHP safe_mode=on),Uploading ZIP Files preserving directory structure.
- Short and long description of galleries/directories and photos
- Highly customizable layout, separated layout(HTML) from functional code, this allows easy creation of new themes
- Caching of all generated thumbnails and resized photos
- Transparent logo and icon processing with any background color, including IE6
- Access logging, with exclude strings
- And last but not least, you can help us with your suggestions to create usable, easy to install, php photo album script.
This is a very nice article about how the things should be: Because it's fun!
There was a time, I had much fun developing phpAlbum. Hope, I can get it back, that fun!
Now can be the installation even easier. There are many people which have no idea of CHMOD functions or some user access rights in unix or on FTP server. For those i have prepared a little installer script.
Size: 330 KB
md5_file hash: 41b09382155198a50068d656b20fdefd
First released: Wed, 2011-07-27 22:16
Last updated: Wed, 2011-07-27 22:17
- no new features, just a bugfixing release
- fixed issue with Chrome Browser
Changed templates in Borders and Flowing-Dark
Size: 325.39 KB
md5_file hash: 9377d47263e2a3f2f0bc06ecfcaf8208
First released: Wed, 2011-07-27 09:05
Last updated: Wed, 2011-07-27 09:06
- no new features
- changed <? to <?php, as many actual PHP installation does not support short-tagging after installation. This should eliminate "blank page after installation" problem
almost every .php and .inc file was changed.
Where can I download themes for phpAlbum?
after testing Galleries like "Gallery" and Coppermine (oh man, those ones really suck... ("u-s-a-b-i-l-i-t-y") or maybe i'm just to nub to handle them ._. ) and some local gallery-builder i found out phpAlbum to be the most suitable app for my needs.
But since i wasnt very happy with the two available styles i thought i could make a new one...
I wanted to have a clean center-focused monochrome style to get maximum attention on the gallery pictures - so here we go:
Major Changes / Features:
Its been just about one hour since I found phpAlbum and I'm really happy with it. it's so easy to use and pretty customizable. I'ma spoken-word artist and I really wanted an album on my site(http://www.teddi-b-poetic.com) that I could customize, as I've put a lot of time into the look of my site.
This is just great. only 1hour and and look what we've got - http://www.teddi-b-poetic.com/photos
look how seamlessly its integrated into the overall look of the main page. I did do some modification of the stylesheet for the borders theme, but that was all pretty quick...only took like 40 minutes. I'm loving it!
Size: 326.2 KB
md5_file hash: 531f7521d9e9e20d359fe4e1e13039ae
First released: Thu, 2009-07-16 22:10
Last updated: Thu, 2009-07-16 22:10
Very dangerous security bug reported here is fixed with this release.
We strongly recommend to upgrade to this new version.
Changed files: main.php
Update is very easy, just overwrite the main.php with the new one and it will work ( of course only if you already had the newest version)
Today I decided to use code.google.com to store sources of phpAlbum.
I checked in the actual developing sources in /trunk/phpAlbum. So everybody who is interested can check it out from here:
This version is not yet ready to use, but one can already test the photonotes and the new fulltext search.
May be some of you have some good ideas and would like to help me to develope some new features. With this public SVN repository this should be much easier.
From now, I will use code.google.com as my main Repository, so every change will be there and visible for everyone.
Size: 326.5 KB
md5_file hash: 5aa8d3ce101a74d0dc1479a184c0263b
First released: Mon, 2008-10-27 22:45
Several security bugs and some smaller bugs fixed.
As you know, I am currently working on the new version of phpAlbum.
I know it takes too long, much longer as I thought it will.
The main problem is that I began too many things to implement and this is not good, as it takes much time to get it all to work perfectly. Next time I will rather work in step-by-step style, releasing more versions with less new features.
Following most important new features besides many bug-fixies will be released in new version:
- LightBox like support for both themes, actually I used Slimbox as I like it more and it works better and needs less resources.
- Flickr-style PhotoNotes from www.dustyd.net, I thing this is very cool feature and you will definitely like it. I did some customizing on this nice script, so it behaves even more like by Flickr.
- Fulltext Search engine, you will be able to search not only for Keywords, but for all texts in descriptions of photos and for file names. It also supports "Did you mean?" feature.
Size: 326.28 KB
md5_file hash: 56c999993ac31f732666236b8e4e4b6f
First released: Fri, 2008-02-15 08:56
Last updated: Fri, 2008-02-15 08:56
This is only bugfix release.
Fixed: magic_quotes_gpc Bug. Now it works if this setting is Off in php.ini too. I believed it was already fixed, and it was but only in the new version which still waits for it beta release.
Only changed file: main.php
Size: 326.2 KB
md5_file hash: df2f270203708cdc29b7d1a1e64ea751
First released: Tue, 2007-12-11 04:29
Fixed the bug regarding the screenshots for files reported by Greg(glittle).
Even if there are no screen shots a default "File Download" thumbnail will be displayed. Now you can just place any files in photo directory and they will be visible and downloadable for users.
- The only changed file is main.php, and there is one new file too in res/ directory named file.png.
- No database changes were made so no complications should be awaited :)
Hello to everybody!
I just would like to let you know, that we will have some new Language packs available in phpAlbum in next version.
I already have an Dutch, German, Russian, Lithuanian and Spanish translation and will probably have Danish translation too.
If you have the time and would like to have phpAlbum in your own language, i would be very pleased if you send me the translation.
Currently you can find the english file en_utf8.php in lanugage/ subdirectory. If you take this file and translate it into your own language, you can send it to me and i would post it in the next version.
Please send all your work at email support[at]phpalbum.net. And if you like I can later display your name on this site as a translator of that specific language.
Visit 3D Insider for the best 3D printing news. They have in-depth guides on how to get started with 3D printing, which printers are the best, and more.